Quick Actions by Store Owner
Friday, June 24, 2011
Fire in the wall causes evacuation of local pizzeria.Around 2:30 in the afternoon our volunteers were dispatched to Town Plaza 2 at the corner of Mountainview and Rte 303. The original call was for smoke in the wall. The volunteers quickly located and extinguished a small fire in an interior wall. The 11-2000 crew stretched a 1 3/4 handline into the store and the 11-Tower had a crew on the roof .
As a precautionary measure Chief Chris Jackson had the Sparkill Fire Department respond to the scene with an engine and the Tappan volunteers came as a FAST. Blauvelt was put on AMA for all other calls in the Orangeburg Fire District.